About the Defensive Handgun Class:
This course will provide shooters with critical skills while pushing students to their maximum ability while having safety and accuracy in mind. This is not a beginner class. Students should be familiar with their firearms and equipment, have sound fundamentals of drawing from the holster, grip, trigger control and sight alignment/picture. Several courses of fire have time elements.
Topics covered will include:
- Concealed carry methodologies
- Drawing from the holster
- Shooting while moving
- Reloading drills
- Malfunction Clearance drills
- Target Transitions and Multiple Target Engagements
- Concealed Carry Techniques
- Legal Considerations and Potential Consequences
- Marksmanship Skills
*Military and Veteran discount available for those actively serving or honorably discharged from the US Military. Please contact us via phone or email to receive your military discount.
*If you have any special needs please contact the instructor to make arrangements in advance so we can be sure to accommodate you.
ADDED BONUS: $185
When you sign up for this class today you will immediately receive a coupon pack valued at $185. Coupons provide discounts up to $25 on various industry proven products that you will probably need anyway. Products include: Gun law books and videos, training pistols, holsters, gun cleaning products, gun safes and cases, training tools, hearing protection, and more. Click here for more details.
About the Concealed Carry Instructor:
Matt Haywood is a California native and a former local police officer. His passion centers around learning and teaching defensive firearm skills and tactics. Matt is a dedicated competitive shooter and student of the gun. Matt is an NRA Law Enforcement Pistol Instructor, USCCA Range Safety Officer, CA DOJ Certified Firearm Instructor, ALiCE Active Shooter Instructor, and a Glock Armorer.
How Do You Register?:
Register by clicking on the “Add to Cart” button above. After you have finished the online check out all the class information will be displayed on-screen and emailed to you with your receipt. If would rather not pay by credit card online you can also call us.
The class location is at the Sun Mountain Gun Club on the south side of Coursegold California. The exact address is provided on this site and via email to students after they pre-register. Please note walk-ins are not accepted. You must pre-register.
To attend this class the student is expected to bring:
- Handgun of good quality in defensive calibers
- Micro Compact pistols such as the P238, LCP, 365, etc are allowed, but not recommended as these firearms will make the course more difficult
- 3 magazines minimum (4 recommended). If using a revolver, please bring a minimum of 2 speed loaders (3 recommended)
- 500 rounds of ammunition of good quality (NO RELOADS or REMANUFACTURED AMMO)
- Belt (Stiff belt that can support your equipment)
- Good quality holster (IWB, AIWB or OWB) that can safely retain your firearm on your waistline during dynamic movements (open top index holsters are preferred). Drop Leg holsters are ok. No Behind the back, ankle or cross draw style holsters. No Cloth/Nylon Holsters. No Blackhawk Serpa or similar style Holsters.
- Magazine / Speed Loaders pouches
- Ear & eye protection (electronic ear protection recommended)
- Batteries for electronics
- Weapons lube & tools
- Food / Drinks as lunch will not be provided
- Notepad & pen
- Sharpie or Permanent Marker with broad tip
- Plate carriers or body armor optional
- Range Appropriate Clothing