About the Pistol Essentials Class:
This course will provide shooters with the essentials of shooting including grip, stance, sight alignment, and proper trigger control. This course is also a great refresher for those who have been shooting for some time that would like to update their fundamentals with modern techniques.
*Military and Veteran discount available for those actively serving or honorably discharged from the US Military. Please contact us via phone or email to receive your military discount.
*If you have any special needs please contact the instructor to make arrangements in advance so we can be sure to accommodate you.
ADDED BONUS: $185
When you sign up for this class today you will immediately receive a coupon pack valued at $185. Coupons provide discounts up to $25 on various industry proven products that you will probably need anyway. Products include: Gun law books and videos, training pistols, holsters, gun cleaning products, gun safes and cases, training tools, hearing protection, and more. Click here for more details.
About the Handgun Instructor:
Matt Haywood is a California native and a former local police officer. His passion centers around learning and teaching defensive firearm skills and tactics. Matt is a dedicated competitive shooter and student of the gun. Matt is an NRA Law Enforcement Pistol Instructor, USCCA Range Safety Officer, CA DOJ Certified Firearm Instructor, ALiCE Active Shooter Instructor, and a Glock Armorer.
How Do You Register?:
Register by clicking on the “Add to Cart” button above. After you have finished the online check out all the class information will be displayed on-screen and emailed to you with your receipt. If would rather not pay by credit card online you can also call us.
The class location is at the Sun Mountain Gun Club on the south side of Coursegold California. The exact address is provided on this site and via email to students after they pre-register. Please note walk-ins are not accepted. You must pre-register.
To attend this class the student is expected to bring:
- Handgun of good quality in defensive calibers
- Micro Compact pistols such as the P238, LCP, 365, etc are allowed, but not recommended as these firearms will make the course more difficult
- 2 magazines minimum (3 recommended). If using a revolver, please bring a minimum of 2 speed loaders (3 recommended)
- 200 rounds of ammunition of good quality (NO RELOADS or REMANUFACTURED AMMO)
- Belt (Stiff belt that can support your equipment)
- Outside the Waistband, strong side holster that can safely secure your weapon. Open top kydex preferred. No Blackhawk Serpa or similar style Holsters.
- Magazine / Speed Loaders pouches
- Ear & eye protection (electronic ear protection recommended)
- Batteries for electronics
- Weapons lube & tools
- Notepad & pen
- Sharpie or Permanent Marker with broad tip
- Range Appropriate Clothing