Napa county is currently issuing permits to applicants. In order to qualify to apply you must take a 16 hour course from an instructor that Napa County has on their list of approved instructors. Our team is included and our 2 day California Concealed Carry Classes qualify.
In Napa county you must qualify with each firearm you wish to list on your permit during the live fire portion of our training course.
Frequently Asked Questions About Napa County Concealed Carry Permits
What are the criteria to be issued a permit in Napa County?
- Must be a resident of Napa County.
- Legal Resident of the United States.
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or older.
- No Statutory Prohibitions (based on applicant’s background, i.e., criminal history, drug addiction, any mental illness, etc.).
- Must attend a California Department of Justice approved training course. The instruction must be at least eight hours and include firearms safety and the law regarding the permissible use of a firearm. The course of training must also include qualification for all weapons listed on the concealed weapon (CCW) permit.
- Our office can provide a list of approved and certified courses and instructors.
- Self protection is considered a good cause for the issuance of a CCW permit.
Do I have to register my firearm(s)?
Yes, the firearms will need to be brought, unloaded, to the sheriff’s office for your application interview where they will be inspected and documented.
How much does it cost to apply?
The application fee is $132. Cash, checks, or money orders are accepted.