Yolo county is not currently issuing permits to most applicants. They have less than 200 active permits in the entire county. In order to qualify you must show need. The county’s policy declares that the following reasons are examples of VALID reasons to request a permit:
- Victims of violent crime and/or documented threats of violence.
- Business owners who carry large sums of cash or valuable items.
- Business owners who work all hours in remote areas and are likely to encounter dangerous people and situations.
Examples on invalid reasons to request a permit include, but are not limited to:
- Recreation in remote areas.
- Hunting or fishing
- Self protection and protection of family (without credible threats of violence).
- Employment in the security field, i.e. security guard, body guard, VIP protection.
- Personal safety due to job conditions or duties placed on the applicant by their employer.
Yolo County Concealed Weapon Permits Policy
Yolo County Sheriff’s Office
140 Tony Diaz Drive
Woodland, CA 95776
We encourage residents of Yolo county to consider taking one of our Utah/Multi-state courses in order to get some training and obtain a permit to carry in 35+ other US states.