Sacramento county is currently issuing permits to applicants. In order to qualify to apply you must take a 16 hour course from an instructor that Sacramento County has on their list of approved instructors. Our team is included and our 2 day California Concealed Carry Classes qualify. Due to the 16 hour training requirement you will need to attend both days of training.
In Sacramento county you can list up to three firearms on your permit, and you must qualify with each firearm you wish to list on your permit during the live fire portion of our training course.
2101 Hurley Way
Sacramento, Ca 95825
916 • 874 • 8450 Office Phone
916 • 874 • 5858 Fax
Frequently Asked Questions for Sacramento County
What Does Sacramento County Require in order to apply for a permit?
- Proof that the person applying is of good moral character
- Proof that good cause exists for the issuance. Personal protection is sufficient cause.
- Proof that the person applying is a resident of the county or a city within the county. Only residents of Sacramento County may apply.
- Proof that the person applying has completed, at least, a 16 hour course of training including instruction on firearm safety, the law regarding the permissible use of a firearm
- Proof of no statutory prohibitions
What Conditions of Use of the Permit Does Sacramento Have?
- No firearm is permitted to be carried unless qualification documentation is on file with this department and the weapon is listed on the CCW Permit.
- Permit holders must report to the Sacramento Sheriff’s Department within 10 days of any arrest of the permit holder, or any contact by law enforcement or incident involving the firearm.
- Permit holders must report to the Sacramento Sheriff’s Department within 10 days of any change in residency. • No illegal drug use.
- Prior to renewal, permit holders must complete a legal firearms update refresher course offered by any local range or security academy every other year. The course of training shall be no less than four (4) hours including instruction on firearm safety and the law regarding the permissible use of a firearm
What Are The Fees Associated with Apply for And Obtaining the Permit in Sacramento County?
There is a $20 non refundable application fee. Once approved, there is an $80 fee. This total $100 fee is a California state fee. There is an additional fee for the county in the amount of $122.
How Often Do I Have to Renew My Permit in Sacramento County?
Every 2 years.